By Sedara Philip
The Nationwide League One Secretariat was shocked to receive the match officials report of the ugly incidence that occurred in the above stated league match played in Osogbo on 8th May, 2023
It was obvious that one of the Officials and players of HMK FC encroached on the field of play, intimidated and assaulted the match officials during the match, this ugly situation was captured by the Match Officials’, NLO Official, Osun State Football Association Officials’ and other stakeholders in the stadium. The embarrassment caused the League, and the entire Nigeria Football cannot be quantified.
Sequel to the above, the Nationwide League One secretariat will have to apply the relevant section of the rules and regulations as stated below:
Relying on NLO rules and regulations article 4:07 (1) and 4:13 (3-5)
• The said match ended 3-1 in favor of Osun United FC team thereby the result of the match stand.
⚫ HMK FC is hereby fined the sum of One Hundred Thousand Naira Only (N100,000.00), must be paid before their next match.
• The following officials of HMK FC namely: 1. Mr. Idowu Sipebi (Assistant Coach)
- Mr. Elijah (Team Masseur) is hereby suspended from all Nationwide League One Football activities for One Year Pending the Decision of the NFF Disciplinary Committee.
- Mr. Moshood Qudus Player jersey No 16 of HMK FC has been suspended indefinitely pending the final determination of the case by NFF Disciplinary Committee.
- The Team Manager of Osun United (Mr. Adeleke Kabiru) is hereby suspended for 3 matches for rendering insultive words on the match Officials.
• The management of the HMK FC is hereby warned to desist from acts that will bring the game to disrepute.
Please note that these are interim measures taken by the NLO Secretariat, the incidence will be forwarded to the NFF Disciplinary Committee for final decisions, and your club has the right to appeal this decision.